The following books, tutorials and other independent learning vehicles have proven to be useful to previous students. Feel free to utilize any of these to satisfy your independent learning requirement, or propose your own.
Courses created for Lynda are now available at no charge to all currently-enrolled SU students. Here are a few that previous students found useful. To access them for free, start from the http://lynda.syr.edu URL, then sign in with your Syracuse University user name and password. After you have logged in, you can sign up for one of the following courses through Lynda.com. Feel free to look for others!
- Unity 5 3D Essential training.
- Advanced Unity 3D Game Programming.
- Maya 2016 Essential Training.
- ZBrush 4 Essential Training.
- Slay the Dragon: Writing Great Stories for Video Games by Keith Giglio, who also happens to be a professor at Newhouse in the Television, Radio and Film department. Giglio is a movie screenwriter, but he has also written screenplays for video games.
You may find other ideas in the Student Tips post category. These were shared by previous students in this class.