VR Experience Research & Presentation
You will find one Google Cardboard VR experience, CGI or video based. You will then prepare a 10 minute presentation using the Ignite format (“Enlighten us, but keep it quick”) that minimally meets the requirements outlined below. The intent of this assignment is to expose you to a wide variety of VR content, learn from successes as well as failures, hone your public presentation skills and understand who the leaders are in this emerging industry. To avoid duplicate presentations be sure to fill out the shared Google spreadsheet as soon as you have made your choice, first come, first served!
- Worth 10 points
You will be graded based on the following criteria.
- Sticking close to the 10 minute limit.
- Meeting deadline
- Detailed research analysis
- Professionalism of presentation
- Meeting or exceeding presentation requirements
- Use the Ignite format, which uses 20 slides that auto-advance every 30 seconds for a total of 10 minute presentation. See examples of Ignites from around the world here: ignitetalks.io
- Create slides using Keynote, Powerpoint or similar visual presentation tool that can export as a PDF. The more visual, the better.
- Upload your slides to Slideshare, or somewhere else that allows slide sharing, and embed into a blog post before your presentation.
- DON’T JUST READ YOUR SLIDES. Remember what you’re going to say or glance at notes to jog your memory while the visual slide says the rest.
- Can be a free or demo app/video.
- Can be a profile of VR/360 video agency.
- Assessment of experience; technical and aesthetic. What works and why? What does not work?
- Business model, major projects and clients.
- Discussion of key moments. Screen captures – still or video if possible.
- Overview of the individuals who created the app, video or run the agency.
- Competitive analysis, who is doing similar work?
- Overview of company, what is their focus, how many employees, internships, how old are they... ?
- Leave the audience feeling like they actually learned something!