Assignment 1: Your VR Experience
Blog post related to your experience
- Due date: Sunday by midnight.
- Worth 10 points
- Categorize as "Student Work" (before publishing)
Write a blog post about your experience during the first class exercise, and also what you observed in others as went through each VR story on Wednesday.
Some questions to keep in mind as you go through the exercise (and please don't limit your thoughts to just these):
- What storytelling techniques worked well? What didn’t work well?
- How did you and others feel in each scene?
- Did you feel physically present in any of them? Which ones, and what do you think contributes to that feeling?
- Did anyone experience nausea? If so, what might have triggered it?
- Did you ever get a sense of uncannyness in a scene, as if you were in a comic strip?
- How does the following affect the experience?
- a) Screen resolution
- b) Sound, especially 3D sound that moves with your head
- c) Smoothness of head tracking
- d) Ability to lean forward (only on DK2)
- e) Wired versus wireless
- f) Quality of 3D graphics
- g) Full spherical range of vision