1/24/2018 Lecture Notes
5:15 -5:30: Welcome back!
- Sundance VR report
- Reminder about Blackboard
- Reminder about VRStorytelling Facebook group. Let's see what people shared.
- #VRStorytelling hashtag
- RoadtoVR.com is a good industry source to check.
5:30-5:45: What makes for a good 360 video?
- New York Times Daily 360 examples
- And check out their bloopers!
- Try a few good student projectsin Cardboards (use Homidos)
5:45-6: Using Nikon KeyMission 360s.
- Demonstration with one
- Do's and don'ts of 360.
- No behind the camera.
- Note the default orientation (no trash can or "zoomba moments.")
- Distance from camera (no closer than 2 feet ideally)
- Where is my head?
- Frame the experience, not the shot.
- Camera workflow
6-6:30: Using the Insta360 Pro.
6:30-7: Pair up and shoot!
- Pair up with two or three others students and shoot 3 videos of 3-5 minutes each.
7-7:30: Adobe Premiere and Skybox VR tools.
- Open the Adobe Premiere tutorial from NHMediahelp.syr.edu.
- Work with the videos you shot with your partner.
- Have this Adobe Premiere for 360 tip sheet open as we go through the steps.
- Uploading into YouTube, viewing in Cardboard
- Viewing in Oculus and Vive (Innovation Lab)