1/31/2018 Lecture Notes: Adobe Premiere and Skybox
5:15-5:45: Meet at the Cage.
- Cage training and initiation
- Check #VRStorytelling hashtag and Facebook group.
- Assignment 2 is due Sunday by midnight.
- Sign up for a slot to present for your VR research presentation. See examples from past classes on the Class Presentations page.
- Other due dates are now in the class schedule.
6-7: 206B, Adobe Premiere and Skybox VR tools training.
- Open the Adobe Premiere tutorial from NHMediahelp.syr.edu.
- Work with the videos on this Google Drive folder. (Note: you must first be signed in with your G.syr.edu account, NOT your regular Google account!)
- Or, copy the higher-resolution Acapella videos from the hard drive I will pass around.
- Have this Adobe Premiere for 360 tip sheet open.
- How to use the SkyBox VR Tools / Mettle plugin effects.
- Using the Offset effect to change the default start position. Here's a good tutorial on how it works.
- Transitions between clips using block dissolve.
- Effects not showing up in preview? Choose "Render Effects In to Out."
- Exporting. Make sure you have these options on:
- Width and height should remain 3840x1920.
- Format should be H.264.
- At bottom, check "Video is VR" and "Monoscopic."
7-7:30: Coordinate with team
- Meet your team based on random assignment.
- Brainstorm story ideas with your team.
7:30-8: Discuss video ideas
Submit your team's idea for Assignment 2, and talk about what your role will be in the video team.