2/7/2018 Lecture Notes
- Remember to sign up for a slot to present for your VR research presentation. See examples from past classes on the Class Presentations page.
- And remember to share finds, either by posting to Twitter with #VRStorytelling as the hashtag, or in the Facebook group. let's try to take over the hashtag this week!
- Let's look at some news!
5:30-6: Complete Adobe + Skybox training
- Prof. Pacheco will review the entire workflow quickly.
- Transitions between clips: block dissolve.
- The old SkyBox VR Tools / Mettle plugins are now in the Immersive Video Effects folder. The 2D text effect is called VR Plane to Sphere.
- If an effect won’t render it’s because your video quality is too high (this is going to be a problem with Insta360 Pro 8K footage). You will first need to export at 4K or lower, then reimport and see if that fixes it.
- You may have to change the Video Rendering and Effects option for the GPU. See these instructions from Adobe: https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/vr-effects.html
- Effects not showing up in preview? Choose "Render Effects In to Out."How to use the Offset effect to change the default start position. Here's a good tutorial on how it works.Exporting. Make sure you have these options on:
- Helpful resources:
6-6:30: Coordinate with team
- Coordinate with your 360 video team.
6:30-8: Work time with your team
- Spent time with your team either shooting, planning, editing, etc.
- Since this is lab time, if you set some future time to shoot with your team and you don't want to hang around for the lab section, feel free to leave early today (also due to all the snow).
- If you stick around, Prof. Pacheco will export a full video, upload to YouTube, and show how to view it in the Oculus in the Innovation Lab using the newly installed Virtual Desktop app.